Daniel Guetter from ANSWR racing kindly send us a couple of sets of custom pimped DE Moto gear to try out, so at the recent race at XBOWL arena Jason Moriarty kitted up in the 2016.5 Alpha Air Combo and put it through it’s paces. Both the gear and Jason made it through 3 heats unscathed, before Jason just missed out on qualifying for the final through the LCQ. The gear really stands out on the track, fits well, has excellent ventilation, stretch panels in the right places and is well made. No complaints at all.
In case you were wondering why the 350 looks kind of a mess, it’s because I have been too busy to finish the 1:1 data for a new sticker kit!
Here is Jason’s feedback on the gear:
“The new gear was light, unrestrictive and very comfortable. The adjustable waist was great as it was effective but light. I normally have most pants slide down at the back as the moto draws on. Not this time. Glove cut and fit was also spot-on for my hand shape, although the wrist closures were almost too short and barely met, but still remained closed by a thread of velcro for the whole moto every time. Maybe i have chunky wrists? Grip on the knees and butt area was also decent, it never felt slippery or out of control. With my poor fitness, the breathable top was venting some serious heat that i quickly built up each moto, especially after a holeshot and a second place start forced me to up the intensity. I hadn’t worn Answer gear since I rode for them in 1995, and really liked the new generation stuff.”
Here is the official info on the gear:
“ANSR’s Alpha Air line is the top-of-the-line fully vented motocross gear for warm weather and long motos. Featuring all of ANSR’s best materials, ideas and manufacturing techniques to bring the best riding gear to the sport’s elite riders and those who want the same products that these elite riders depend on.”
Answer Alpha Air Jersey:
- Moisture-wicking main body fabric construction.
- Micro-mesh back and arms enhances comfort.
- Performance fit collar and stretch cuff design.
- Extended tail section to eliminate untucked jersey.
- Non-restrictive tech performance pattern.
Answer Alpha Air Pants:
- Multiple panels optimize fit, comfort and performance.
- Durable polyester-Oxford.
- Flexible knee, fly, yoke and leg patches.
- Padded knee area creates ideal knee pocket.
- Heavy-duty zipper with secure ratchet buckle closure.
- Side adjusters for extra waist adjustment.
Answer Alpha Air Gloves:
- Multiple stretch fabrics optimize fit and comfort.
- Durable one-piece synthetic leather palm reduces bunching.
- Ultra-soft rubber wrist closure improves glove flexibility.
- Gel-printed finger grippers reduces slip, increases control.