Having only ever worn motocross boots on bikes, the first thing I noticed when putting on a pair of S-MX 6’s was how incredibly light they were. Like scary light, are these things strong enough to protect you light?? They also have very thin soles which when you have feet as flat as mine make walking a little weird, but they give you a good feel on the bike. The fit is brilliant, super comfy. The ergonomics of the sole on the pegs feels great and the heel hooks onto the foot-peg in a reassuring manner.
There is some nice grippy material for shifting on the top of the boots, reinforced protection in key areas and a solid ankle brace integrated in them. They also have an inner zip which is enclosed within a velcro / microfiber wrap which is great because it makes them really fast to put on, for example when you are in a hurry because you are about to miss the start of your riding session on the track! The design is minimal and yet effective and they look as fresh as shiny white boots always do!
I don’t have any other street boots to compare them against, but many of the worlds best racers wear them for a reason and overall I have no complains at all and give them a big thumbs up too. I even got used to how light they were compared to my Tech 10’s and whilst I would still prefer to have a Tech 10 on if I crashed, the fit and precise feel the S-MX 6 boots offer is far more suited to riding a street bike on a racetrack.
* Main upper material constructed from advanced microfiber for durability and repeated abrasion resistance.
* Ergonomic new last for forefoot streamlining to enable greater control of the bike’s controls and for superior, wide-ranging foot profile, fit and comfort.
* Alpinestars’ innovative TPU lateral ankle brace protection provides a biomechanical support between lateral top calf/shin and ankle and offers improved structural integrity, protection against impact shocks, repeated abrasion resistance and flex support.
* Alpinestars’ new and exclusive compound rubber sole promotes improved feel and grip, water dispersion and durability.
* Air vents on the heel counter and shin plate plus breathable mesh inserts (vented version only) improve comfort and reduce fatigue on short and long rides.
* High modulus TPU injected shin guard, calf protector, heel counter, shift pad and toe slider for improved shock protection and durability.
* Double density ankle protector on medial side layered under the upper offers protective performance in key area.
* Integrated, replaceable bi-injected TPU slider features new easy screw fixing concept for quicker and easier replacement.
* Innovative instep and Achilles accordion flex zone construction for superior comfort, extension, control and support.
* Internal insole with the shank reinforcement integrated for added support to the arch area and foot protection.
* Medial side entry opening/closure system features elastic-mounted zipper with wide Velcro® closure for flexibility and secure fit. The aperture opening is large to promote easier in/out.
* Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for durability, improved feel and performance.
* Breathable textile interior lining features anti-sliding suede reinforcement on heel area help keep foot in position while riding.
* New, dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for performance, comfort and support.
* The S-MX 6 boot is CE certified.