This is the 4th pair of Tech 10’s we have had since they were released, so as you can tell we are fans of the boots. We like the extra ankle protection provided by the inner bootie with a brace integrated, we are fans of the way the boots feel on the bike, and we love this RV2 colorway!
The boots have not changed massively over the years which is ok, as they were a great product to start with. The buckles seem slightly improved, but they are still a little stiff sometimes to close if they have dirt or dust in the fastening. We spray a little WD40 on them to make them easier to shut, but we are not sure this is exactly recommended. The boots last years and Alpinestars also offer a sole replacement service to further extent their live. All of the boots we have had since the start are still being using today by various members of our crew, one has been resoled, but the rest and still going strong and none have fallen apart or got to the stage where they are anywhere near being thrown away. Of course there is nothing like a pair of new boots though, and these ones are still looking great after a few months of wear. Below are some photos we snapped when they were fresh out of the box. They feel good to go from the first ride.
Photos by @zajcmaster and PSP.
* The one-piece co-injected foot chassis incorporates five different advanced polymer compounds in a single streamlined and lightweight piece to offer strength and flexibility throughout the structure, while maintaining its robust structural integrity with no joints or weak points.
* Innovative, lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with advanced lightweight microfiber and an impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
* Medial-facing panel is constructed from a one-piece, specifically formulated polymer for improved structural stability and integrity, and incorporates a rubber insert panel for maximum grip contact with bike and improved abrasion resistance.
* The Tech 10 boot is CE certified.
* Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus Velcro® for a precise fit closure attached securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle. Shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
* Contoured TPU calf protector plate offers impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars innovative rear blade system, formed with hard shock resistant polymer to protect the heel and features a rear hyperextension guard.
* Innovative, ergonomic design for lateral and medial flex zones to provide superb front and rear flexion support which helps prevent damaging torsional forces around the ankle area.
* Multi-density foot shell incorporating heel and toe protection is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, and adds to the boot’s overall durability.
* Exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding.
* The central sole insert is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
* New buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
* Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
* Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot.
INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
* Innovative biomechanical inner ankle brace features medial and lateral “C” torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Wide fit torsion bar replacements are included. These dual connection torsion bars offer the rider natural ankle movement with progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident.
* TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
* New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.