The Alpinestars Racer motocross gear is the entry level line of gear from Alpinestars. The gear is neither as full of features as the higher end Techstar line, nor is it as athletically cut, but it feels good when you wear it. It is light and solidly constructed with a well designed ergonomic fit, but as expected you can tell the quality of some of the materials is not at the same level as the Techstar line.
The pants have some stretch ribs above the knees ensuring you can move your lower legs perfectly as well as on the lower back so they don’t get pulled down. The shirt doesn’t have the nice vented mesh panels like the techstar shirt, but this would make it better in cooler climates. The temperature was around 23degrees yesterday when I was wearing it and I was neither too hot nor too cold on the day.
Personally I prefer the forearm area to be cut tighter on my gear because I don’t wear arm protectors when riding motocross, but the racer gear would perfect if you do like to wear full body armour underneath. The Braap version of the racer gear has this cool black / white fade. From one side the gear looks white, and from the other it looks black. Perfect for those who cant decide if they want to wear white gear, or black gear. I prefer the dark side. Ha! Actually, I really love how the gear looks, more understated than the Techstar gear but still nice and bold.
Overall, the Alpinestars racer braap gear does what it’s supposed to do at a fair price, and makes you look good in the process.
All photos by Zajcmaster.
– Poly-fabric construction is lightweight, moisture-wicking and durable.
– Cut longer in the rear area for compatibility with Alpinestars’ MX pants.
– Microfiber stretch collar neck construction for fit and comfort.
– Fade resistant sublimated graphics.
– Fitted wrist cuffs.
– Available in international sizes S-2XL.
– Extensive rear stretch panel insert provides increased comfort and flexibility to the waist and lower back.
– Durable poly-fabric/nylon construction. PU coated for additional strength and durability.
– Extensive lightweight and ventilated mesh with stretch panel inserts for better fit.
– Pre-curved, ergonomic leg construction for improved performance in the riding position.
– Leather reinforced inner-leg panels for heat resistance, grip and comfort.
– Heavy nylon reinforcement on the seat area and inner leg panels provide superior abrasion resistance.
– Innovative 3D knee construction and hidden expansion panel designed to accommodate knee protectors.
– 3D injection molded rubber logos.
– Durable front zipper with snap front closure and dual waist adjustment pull-tabs.
– Convenient interior hip pocket for key/coin storage.
– Available in U.S. Pant sizes 28-40.
See more here: http://www.alpinestars.com/mx/apparel