The 2016 Alpinestars Techstar Venom shirt is really light. It’s the lightest and best vented shirt I have ever worn. We have had a heat wave here in Salzburg during the past months and recently I have even resorted to wearing some DH shorts and T-Shirt to ride in, but today I suited up in the Techstar gear and had no overheating problems at all. I think the best cooling flow comes from the vented mesh bits by your wrists and inside your elbows, the air just funnels in and you can feel it cooling your arms as you ride along.
The pants are not as lightweight as the shirt but they have huge cutouts which funnel air inside (and the occasional bug) to keep you cool. The whole pant doesn’t flex in the same way as say the ONE Vapor pants, but they are made out of tougher material and have stretch panels in all the key areas so your motion is really unrestricted.
The leather panels on the knees are in the right place and help you grip the bike well and thanks to the well designed stretchy back panel the waist stays where it should and the lower part flexes so your pants don’t get pulled down by the seat. You can tell the gear has been designed and tested by people who ride. It has side adjusters which I didn’t need to use, but they provide some fine tuning of the fit if you need it. It comes in a few different colorways and looks pretty good. It has a little inside pocket to stash your car key or whatever you like. We would prefer if it was also big enough to put a phone inside but other than that, no complaints at all!
Zajcmaster is in the blue/white/neon Yellow gear and PSP is in the orange/red//black/neon yellow gear.
TECHSTAR VENOM JERSEY
- Lightweight, fully vented poly-fabric main chassis construction for effective moisture-wicking performance.
- Perforated mesh inserts around collar for excellent breathability, especially when using Alpinestars BNS neck support.
- Pre-curved sleeves with padded foam elbows for maximum comfort.
- Airmesh forearms and underarms give added ventilation while riding.
- Cut longer in the rear tail area for compatibility with Alpinestars’ MX pants, plus rear silicon grip to help keep jersey tucked in.
- Comfort neck collar construction for easy entry and exit.
- Wrist cuffs with stretch inserts for excellent fit.
- Sublimated fade-resistant graphics.
- Available in international sizes S-2XL.www.alpinestars.com/techstar-venom-jersey
TECHSTAR VENOM PANTS
- Multi-panel poly-fabric and airmesh fabric construction will PU coating for extra strength and durability.
- Strategically die-cut perforated panels and mesh inserts for increased and ventilation.
- Exclusive, patented ‘Vector’ back panel design provides maximum comfort and flexibility when riding.
- Patented ‘Babel’ knee design features a pre-bent, reinforced and padded 3D knee construction with hidden stretch spandex expansion gusset for excellent fit in the riding position.
- Heavy nylon rip-stop reinforcement on the seat area provides abrasion resistance.
- Lightweight, ventilated, mesh with stretch panel insert for better fit in riding position.
- Debossed leather reinforced inner-leg panels for heat resistance, grip and comfort.
- 3D injection molded rubber logos and details.
- Silicon webbing on inner waist helps keep garment in position.
- Durable front zipper with snap front closure and dual waist adjustment pull-tabs.
- Inner hip pocket for key storage.
- Available in U.S. Pant sizes 28-40.
Photos by PSP and @zajcmaster.