Something a little bit different! The base for this build was a 2013 KTM 690 Duke which Darrell Schneider stripped down and built up as a one off custom.
Here is some info on the project. “This was my second build ( the first being my Honda CRF 250R Cafe Racer conversion) I like the Factory Race Bike Concept theme. These are done in my free time to express my creativity and support the sponsors that give me the chance to create. I have been inspired by a growing number of builders thinking outside of the box.
Main sponsors are – KTMTwins.com, Reach Air Medical Services/Air Med Care and Speed and Strength/Tucker Rocky. Additional sponsor/supporters are K&N, Dunlop, PPG, Magura, Works Connection, Trail Tech, CRG, FMF, Factory Effex, Galfer brake and clutch lines and Woodcraft.
The fork guards, front fenders, number plate, tank covers, seat filler, rear fender and fuel cell are aluminum. The radiator cover, air cleaner covers and fuel cap surround are fiberglass.
We are running the KTM R model forks, triple clamp, rear shock and cam.”
– Dunlop Tires
– K&N Performance Filters
– PPG Finishes
– Works Connection
– Trail Tech
– Factory Effex
– Risk Racing
– KTM (WP) R model forks
– KTM (WP) R model rear shock
– KTM R model triple clamps
– KTM R model cam
– Dunlop Q3 tires
– Trail Tech off road lights
– Woodcraft clipons and risers
– Woodcraft rear chain guard
– Woodcraft camera mount
– Magura HC3 radial pump (clutch)
– Magura HC3 radial pump (front brake)
– Brembo HP front caliper
– Brembo HP rear caliper
– CRG mirrors
– KTMtwins.com billet gas cap
– Works Connection radiator braces
– Works Connection skid plate
– Dyno jet Power Commander 5
– FMF 4.1 dual muffler dual mega bomb system
– K&N air filter
– K&N oil filter
– Sato Racing rearsets
– Factory Effex seat cover
– Galfer front brake and clutch lines
– Risk Racing Stand
SUBFRAME – Fabricated (chromoly)
BATTEREY/COMPONENET BOX – Fabricated (aluminum)
EXHAUST SYSTEM – Fabricated/Modified (FMF)
FRAME LOWER CRADLE/SKIDPLATE BARS – Fabricated (chromoly)
SKIDPLATE – Modified (Works Connection)
RADIATOR BRACES – Modified (Works Connection)
RADIATOR COVER – Fabricated (fiberglass)
AIR CLEANER COVERS – Fabricated (fiberglass)
FRAME UPPER BAR/BODY PANEL MOUNT (bolt on) – Fabricated (chromoly)
FUEL CELL/TANK – Fabricated (aluminum)
REAR BRAKE CALIPER BRACKET – Fabricated CNC (aluminum)
FORK GAURDS – Fabricated (aluminum)
FRONT FENDER/TIRE HUGGER – Fabricated (aluminum)
FRONT NUMBER PLATE – Fabricated (aluminum)
FUEL CELL/TANK COVER – Fabricated (aluminum)
FUEL CAP SURROUND – Fabricated (fiberglass)
TANK SIDE PANELS – Fabricated (aluminum)
SEAT FILLER PANELS – Fabricated (aluminum)
REAR FENDER – Fabricated (aluminum)
SEAT PAN – Fabricated (aluminum) Shaped with foam and made a custom cover from Factory Effex material
SWINGARM – Removed black OEM finish to expose the beautiful stock part.
ENGINE COVERS – Removed dark OEM finish for that factory raw look.
LIGHTS – Mounted dual Trail Tech off road lights.
WHEELS – Removed casting marks and smoothed out for an aftermarket race wheel look.
TUNED – On a Dyno, it needed more fuel, approx the equivalent of 3 main jet sizes.
PAINT/FINISHES – The entire build was refinished in PPG automotive finishes (NO powder coating).
We have had the bike on display for Dunlop Tires at 3 Monster Energy Super Cross Round 2015 (Oakland, Anahiem 3 and Santa Clara Ca) it was a display for K&N Filters in Monterey Ca for the World Super Bike Championships, the Quail Motorcycle Gathering in Carmel Ca 2015, International Motorcycle Show Sacramento Ca, 2015.
Here is a list of my talented group of friends that I work with daily and we share skills to produce some very cool two and four wheeled art.
– Alberto Hernandez – The designs were mine on both of the bike builds but I work with Alberto to put it on paper as it evolves through the build. He and I subcontract to Moal Coachbuilders and assist them with the execution of their hand built cars.
– Jimmy Kilroy – I had my body panel bucks made and ready to make molds for fiberglass parts but Jimmy had a small opening between our coach building deadlines to squeeze out this bike in aluminum. You always here how good metal shapers are but this guy is a true Bad Ass, he flies the planes that he builds along with building/repairing one off bodies for hand built cars/Historic’s. These body panels require no body fillers.
– Craig Watts – I can’t say enough about this guy he is there whenever I need him. He is a master fabricator and has worked on over 2 dozen Over Haulin TV episodes for Chip Foose, he works his ass off behind the scenes on projects for Hot Rod TV like driving chase trucks during the filming of the Baja 1000 races, great friend. Needless to say he has worked with me on both bike builds.
– Curt Hill – My friend and talented fabricator is building some of the coolest off road rally cars and he found time to squeeze in building the fuel cell for the KTM.
– Team members with smaller roles – CJ Pullman, Robert Smith, Dave Moal.